Carlton Insurance works with hundreds of carriers to ensure that you receive the most advantageous price for your disability insurance needs. There are numerous options from which to choose. The ultimate choice of plans and carriers depends on your unique needs, specific situation, current health, medical history and budget. If you are interested in disability insurance, please contact me.
About Disability Insurance
Disability Insurance (DI) replaces lost income in the event of injury or illness that prevents you from being able to earn a living. If your financial lifestyle would be adversely affected by a disability, you may want to consider disability insurance.
The four most common disability claims scenarios are:
- Inability to perform the duties of any occupation
- Inability to perform the duties of your regular occupation, but able to do another occupation
- Able to perform the duties of your occupation at a reduced capacity
- Fully recovered from a disability, back to work full time, but still suffering a loss of income
The two major categories of DI are:
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
STD covers short-term disabilities, typically with a six-month benefit period. LTD covers more severe disabilities and has benefit periods ranging from two years to “age 70” when you plan to retire.
Contact me for more information on disability insurance.
This web site may contain concepts that have legal, accounting and tax implications. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice. You may wish to consult a competent attorney, tax advisor, or accountant.